Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shoe Addict

Hi, my name is Cola and I have a shoe addiction! Does this sound like you? Well, don't feel bad you are not alone. I am coming to terms with being a shoe junkie, they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have an actual problem. I'm not so sure if I really want to be cured of my addiction but the fact that my bff came to visit and was able to literally shop in my closet for shoes and my closet still looks like I have a ton is an issue. I came to realize that I have a problem when I choose to buy a pair of shoes over food, trips and etc. It literally irks me to give a pair away, the separation anxiety that I start to feel knowing that they will no longer be in my possession is scary. At the same time, the feeling that I get when I slip my feet into a brand new pair of platform pumps is indescribable. I sometimes tell my friends that I have shoegasms when I get a pair of new shoes and if you see where the word derived from you can imagine the feeling that I get! I'm working on my addiction but it is a task in itself and it doesn't help that I am a shoe boutique owner. I'm learning to have discipline and overcome my cravings. So for all you shoe junkies out there.....you are not alone. Until next time, think about what you are addicted to and let me know....CHAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment